It is truly an honor and privilege to serve our Lord and fellow members by preparing His House for worship and preparing His Supper for all to partake. This is what the Altar Guild of St. Paul Lutheran Church does!
There is always an altar guild sign-up chart on the glass panel in the Narthex of the church. Just write your name down under the date(s) and service time you would like to help with. Or you can notify Rich Heinicka, Chairman of the Altar Guild, whose number is listed on the sheet. The sign-up sheet for helping with the Family Life Center service is in the back hall by the church office door.
Opportunities to serve:
(1) After-service cleanup*:
* After the Saturday 6 p.m. service
* After the Sunday 10:30 a.m. service in the Sanctuary
* After the Sunday 10:30 a.m. service in the Family Life Center.
Cleanup takes from 10 to 20 minutes.
(2) Laundering pastoral robes and altar linens*:
* Any time during the week
Check robes/ropes and linens once a week and wash as needed.
(3) Setting up for a service (filling cups with wine and ciboria with wafers)*:
* Before the Saturday 6 p.m. service
* Before and after the Sunday 8 a.m. service.
The Saturday setup is a major commitment and takes two to three hours for one person, or about one hour for a couple or family.
Setting up before the Sunday 8 a.m. service requires a 7:30 a.m. arrival and a little bit of time after the 8 a.m. service as well.
Organizing friendship books for the Family Life Center:
* Any time during the week or immediately after the 10:30 service. Restock empty friendship pads, prayer cards, etc.
This takes about 10 – 15 minutes per week.
*Note: Adult supervision is required for (1) through (3).